1. Chandler. It’s never too late to start again. And when you shift careers (from being a transponster to working in advertising), you really have to start from the bottom.
2. Joey. It makes life so much more fun, if you enjoy your work. And paying your dues pays off!
3. Monica. No matter your intentions, you have to make sure you’re following company policies. She got fired over 5 steaks and an eggplant.
4. Phoebe. It’s not always about the money, “if I was in this (jingles) for the money, I’d be a millionaire by now.”
5. Rachel. Working on something you are passionate about will get you to places. From waitress in Central Perk to Paris, the fashion capital of the world!
6. Ross. Some people are just into job security and tenure.
I am always grateful that I love what I am doing. After a year and a half of working as a software engineer, I woke up one day and realized I have had enough. Dragging myself off the bed every morning and spending at least 12 hours at a job I hate is just not going to work for me.
I was 22 then, no obligations, no responsibilities, no ammortizations, no dependents and I figured if I am going to take a risk, timing could not be more perfect. I thought if I would just apply to another IT company, I would eventually feel unhappy, because I did not like the work itself.
I then wondered what I was good at and what I enjoyed doing. Definitely not computer programming! I told myself I love talking to people and traveling. And I do not care for an office where I need to be at at specific times, with a boss breathing down my neck.
So 14 years ago, I decided to use my most valued tool at my disposal, my charm! I became self-employed, and hands-down, best decision I have ever made! As long as I believe in the products and services I am offering, I will be fine in sales.
Happy start of the week people! Do you love what you are doing?
#ToABetterSarah #ShowMeTheMoney #FromZeroToHero