1. Just for today I will be happy.
It is getting more difficult to be happy these days however, I will work harder! Based on my definition (as of October 16, 2020), day by day, in every way, I will strive to be better and better.
“Happiness doesn’t come from living a lukewarm life, always wondering what could have been. Happiness comes as a result of being in our natural state of growth and living up to our fullest potential – T. Harv Eker”
2. Just for today I will try to adjust myself to what is, and not try to adjust everything to my own desires.
I will accept things that are beyond my control, and make the most out of the situations I find myself in. Who would have thought that the freedom to go out and visit family and meet friends falls on the second category? What is now means staying at home and getting reacquainted with myself. And that is good, like what I wrote about the other day, but I need a break after 16 and a half months of self reflection.
3. Just for today I will take care of my body.
I will find time to stretch, dance, eat some vegetables and most importantly, have a positive attitude. I do have the time, but not the will. I suppose I should be thankful that I still have the strength to shower everyday and work somehow.
4. Just for today I will try to strengthen my mind.
I will continue reading every day, play puzzles and harness the power of my subconscious. What bothers me lately is how it is filled more with negative thoughts than positive ones.
5. Just for today I will exercise my soul.
I will choose happiness, kindness, compassion, gratitude and love.
6. Just for today I will be agreeable.
This comes naturally for me, I have always tried to avoid conflict, will continue to do so.
7. Just for today I will try to live through this day only, not to tackle my whole life problem at once.
With the situation we are in right now, living through this day only is more of a problem. The uncertainty is messing with my mind. I need to remind myself that circumstances change (this too shall pass), I do not have to decide and plan the next 50 years of my life (and worry about it in the process!).
8. Just for today I will have a program.
Been at it for the last couple of months (daily schedule and checklist), maybe it is working, maybe not. But it is definitely better than just letting life happen. It gives me a sense of control somehow.
9. Just for today I will have a quiet half hour all by myself and relax.
Maybe I should be thankful I have more than half hour sometimes. Maybe not. In any case, I will spend this half hour meditating (or at least trying) to recenter and calm my mind.
10. Just for today I will be unafraid, especially I will not be afraid to be happy, to enjoy what is beautiful, to love, and to believe that those I love, love me.
I will work on this.
If we want to develop a mental attitude that will bring us peace and happiness, here is Rule #1: Think and act cheerfully, and you will feel cheerful. So in addition to Sybil F. Partridge’s list,
11. Just for today I will laugh.
I will watch FRIENDS, talk to a funny friend, have tickle time with Sophia, or just laugh at myself, because, why not?
Can you come up with your #11?
#ToABetterSarah #RaisingSophia #OneOfThoseDays