It is funny how I tried to delay writing about this, supposedly to give my posts near the end of the month a chance to catch up. Then I realize it does not make sense since I will check the stats from July 1 to 31 only anyway.
1. Top post is ( https://toabettersarahraisingsophia.wordpress.com/2021/07/17/would-you-rather-have-loved-and-lost-or-never-to-have-loved-and-lost-at-all/ ). I would rather have loved and lost.
“I am letting you go now, not because I stopped loving you and not because I want to. But because i want to give you a chance to find the kind of love you need right now. Goodbye, my love. I hope someday we’ll see each other again, living the life we both deserve. I am sorry I could not keep my promise that I’ll be all you’ll ever need.”
I published this 1 year after I had the worst break up of my life. I thought about writing an entire article about it, but when I checked my message to see how exactly he broke my heart, I saw my letter. And I just used it instead. How do I recover from a broken heart? I write.
2. Top 2 is ( https://toabettersarahraisingsophia.wordpress.com/2021/07/07/would-you-rather-be-engaged-or-single/ ). I would rather be engaged, then married.
“If anything, one lesson I want to learn from that relationship is not to fear commitment. I am working on it. Someday I will trust again. And hopefully, someone who is reliable and will not really let me go. I mean, for real, not just another promise made to be broken.”
One thing I want to learn from that relationship is to not be afraid of commitment. I miss being in a loving and committed relationship, and the feeling of security and joy that goes along with it. How do I trust again? I just do.
3. Top 3 ( https://toabettersarahraisingsophia.wordpress.com/2021/07/09/would-you-rather-have-sex-or-make-love/ ). I would rather make love.
“Yes, I do want passion in my future. The all consuming I must have you now kind. But more than that, I want to make love, too. The wonderful earth shattering kind. What I would not give to experience that kind of love again. And hopefully, this time, it will last longer, like forever maybe…”
It would be nice to be like a piano again. If I could ask someone just one question, it would be, “How are you feeling today?”
4. 3rd to last ( https://toabettersarahraisingsophia.wordpress.com/2021/07/23/would-you-rather-make-excuses-or-move/ )
“With the situation we find ourselves in, it is even more imperative that we try our best. The long hours of uninterrupted sitting (or laying down), absence of healthy food choices, inconsistent working hours, binge eating and drinking, absence of ample physical activities throughout the day, stress and the relatively unhealthy lifestyle.”
I hope I get motivated again. I would rather move.
5. 2nd to last ( https://toabettersarahraisingsophia.wordpress.com/2021/07/28/would-you-rather-be-an-introvert-or-an-extrovert/ ). I would rather be an extrovert.
“I can be the life of the party and talk for hours, but I also enjoy quiet time alone at home chilling with a book. So maybe I am a little of both, or what some call an ambivert.”
I miss going out and meeting friends and all. How do I motivate myself? I just do, and sometimes I fail.
6. Least popular ( https://toabettersarahraisingsophia.wordpress.com/2021/07/29/would-you-rather-procrastinate-or-get-distracted/ ). I would rather get distracted.
“Sometimes, however, it takes all I have got to even leave the bed in the morning, overwhelmed by all the things I need to do, not knowing where to start, feeling worse at night thinking “what an unproductive day”. Never had it been more pronounced, and crippling, than during this pandemic, when I am so uninspired and demotivated.”
I need to get off my butt and just get things done. How do I overcome my tendency to procrastinate? I force myself, sometimes unsuccessfully.
My favorite (aside from the most popular) is the 3 reviews I made of the kdrama Love (ft marriage and divorce).
7. Part 1 ( https://toabettersarahraisingsophia.wordpress.com/2021/07/18/would-you-rather-marry-your-high-school-sweetheart-or-someone-who-has-already-sowed-his-wild-oats/) I would rather marry someone who has already sowed his wild oats.
“When the heat starts to cool down and we settle into a routine (and we hear him fart for the first time, notice how she annoyingly leaves wet towels on the bed, make us feel like I am his last priority), how do we keep it ablaze?”
How? Well, I think two can play at this game. So bring it on!
8. Part 2 ( https://toabettersarahraisingsophia.wordpress.com/2021/07/19/would-you-rather-marry-someone-older-or-younger/ ) I would rather marry someone older.
“Being single in my mid-30s (yep, I consider myself in the mid still) does not bode well for me. And with the pandemic not ending anytime soon, I am so screwed (not in a good way!). The longer this lockdown drags on, the worse my chances get.”
How do I increase my chances? I keep striving to be better, and someone is bound to notice.
9. Part 3 ( https://toabettersarahraisingsophia.wordpress.com/2021/07/20/would-you-rather-marry-someone-friendly-or-aloof/ )
“I know that I have a flirty personality. Being a great conversationalist, coupled with my quick wit, people often misunderstand me. It comes very naturally to me, sometimes I am seriously surprised when that happens. I am genuinely interested to get to know people and other people take that the wrong way.”
How do I not get irrational? I trust my husband, who is hopefully, worthy of it.
10. I am not happy with the results of my July challenge, but I would like to think that somehow I have become a little bit better. I hope I am more productive this August.
Are you happy with how your month went?
#ToABetterSarah #RaisingSophia #SophiaJulienneAt7